Having had to had in my video unfinished to the exhibition due to my extension, I made some notes on how I am further going to edit and develop it.
I have been using Premiere Pro, a program I am familiar with but have never really used any of the motion and scaling tools before. I have been finding this quite challenging to place the speech bubbles in correct position at the beginning of the frame, then combine this with frame length and the end position, so that the viewer has enough time to read the lyrics whilst still keeping the visuals in time with the audio track.
To get the social media comments to appear letter by letter or word by word I took them into Illustrator after I screen-shotted them, then used this to reproduce the file, each time with a new part revealed. This was quite time consuming but relatively easy.
I also have been using my two apple devices to iMessage myself the lyrics which I then also screen-shotted and used Photoshop to edit out white backgrounds. For this to work successfully I had to have the font size on my iPad turn right up.
A section I struggled with was when Turk is talking about activities that are going on in the ‘real world’ I wanted the lyrics to represent this. I did not like my first attempt and wasn’t widely keen on how I did it in the final outcome. Any bits where post-it notes are featured would be the first to be re-evualted if I had more time on the project.